List of Guest Speakers invited and activities conducted as a part of Thursday Activities in the session 2016-17
- On 31st Mar 2017, there was seminar on the theme "Selection of Judges: legal Reforms" is being organised in the institute by SUVICHAR, a forum of eminent personalities from different fields.
- On Thursday 30th March 2017, there was a lecture by Ms Vidisha Garg, Partner, Anand & Anand Law Firm, Delhi on the topic "Journey of an Advocate" and her work with regard to IP Protection.
- On 21 st July 2016, a singing competition (solo/duet/group) was organized to begin the new session.
- On 28 th July 2016, Dr Bharat, Assistant Professor of Law from Panjab University, Chandigarh delivered a lecture on the topic 'Limited Liability Partnership: An Insight'.
- On 4 th August 2016, Maj Navdeep Singh, Advocate, Punjab &Haryana High Court andassociated with the Armed Forces Tribunal, delivered a lecture on the topic 'Pros and
Cons of Tribunalisation in India'.
- On 11 th August 2016, a Formal Introduction of the first years was conducted to acquaint them with all the other batches in the colleges.
- On 18 th August 2016, as a part of the celebration of Raksha Bandhan, a movie 'Rang de Basanti' was screened in the MPH for the students.
- On 1 st September 2016, A Fresher's Party was organized to formally welcome the new batch of AIL.
- On 8 th September 2016, various rounds of the Novices Moot Court Competition were organized. Novices moot court competition is held every year to acquaint the first year students with the skill of mooting.
- On 15 th September 2016, Mr Krishna Mohan, IAS (Retd.), delivered a lecture on the topic 'Walking the Ethical Talk'.
- On 23 rd September 2016, A Workshop on IPR was conducted by Mr. Ajay Sahni, Advocate, Supreme Court of India.
- On 29 th September 2016, Prof Shashi Sharma, Retd. Professor of Law from Panjab University, Chandigarh, delivered a lecture on the topic 'Enforcement of the FSSAI Act'.
- On 13 th October 2016, a Group Discussion was conducted for the students to deliberate upon current socio-economic and legal problems.
- On 20 th October 2016, Dr Anil Thakur, Assistant Professor of Law from Panjab University, Chandigarh, delivered a lecture on the topic 'Honour Killings in India'.
- On 27 th October 2016, a lecture on Legal Awareness about Fundamental Rights was delivered by Advocate Ritu Joshi of the District Legal Services Authority as a part of the
- On 12 th January 2017, a cultural get together was organized where students presented various items pertaining to singing; dance etc. in order to mark the beginning of the new semester.
- On 19 th January 2017, a Group Discussion competition was organized to deliberate upon the current issues.
- On 25 th January 2017, a lecture was delivered by Mr Dheeraj Nair, Partner Jyoti Sagar Associates (JSA) on the topic 'Dispute Resolutions- Practice and Procedure'.
- On 2 nd February 2017, the Intra Institute Quiz competition- 'Virtuoso' was organized
- where a wriiten test was conducted for all the students. 8 teams went through two semifinal rounds and 4 highest scoring teams qualiofied for the finals and two teams emerged
as winners and runners up.
- On 7 th February 2017, a lecture on Cancer Awareness as a part of the awareness programme of World Cancer day on 4 th February, was delivered by Dr. Harpreet Walia from Ivy Hospital, Mohali.
- On 9 th February 2017, a lecture was delivered by Ms. Swarnali Roy from Humane Society International (HSI) on the topic 'Where our food comes from?' to spread awareness
about the farm animals and their protection.
- On 15 th February 2017, a lecture was delivered by Mr Siddhartha Kumar, Partner Dua Associates on 'Corporate Compliance'.
- On 16 th February 2017, an Intra Institute Debate Competition was organized.